If you’re a fan of the rich, nutty flavor of peanut butter, then you’re going to fall head over heels with this vegan peanut butter cake recipe. This delicious dessert is perfect for special occasions, or just as a delicious treat for any day of the week. This recipe is easy to follow and uses simple, wholesome ingredients to create a moist, fluffy, and perfectly sweet cake that’s bursting with flavor.
Ingredients for a vegan peanut butter cake
Before starting, gather all of the ingredients you’ll need for making this delicious peanut butter cake. Here’s a list of the ingredients:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Now that you have all of the ingredients, it’s time to start baking! Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch cake pan. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the vegan butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the oat milk and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Step-by-step guide to making a vegan peanut butter cake
Now that you’ve got all your ingredients ready, it’s time to start baking. Here’s how to make a vegan peanut butter cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and grease a 9-inch (23cm) cake pan with some vegan butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt – and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter, peanut butter, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Now it’s time to add in the dry ingredients. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with the oat milk until everything is well blended. Be careful not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool before slicing and serving.
For an extra special touch, you can add some chopped peanuts on top of the cake before baking. This will give the cake a nice crunch and add some extra peanut flavor.
If you want to make this cake even more decadent, you can add a peanut butter frosting. To make the frosting, simply mix together some vegan butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and a splash of oat milk until smooth and creamy. Spread the frosting on top of the cooled cake and enjoy!
Tips for baking the perfect vegan peanut butter cake
Now that you know how to make a vegan peanut butter cake, here are some tips to ensure that your cake comes out perfectly:
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before starting the recipe.
- Use smooth peanut butter rather than chunky for a smoother cake texture.
- Don’t overmix your cake batter as this can cause the cake to be dense and heavy.
- Make sure your baking powder and baking soda are fresh, or your cake may not rise properly.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing to avoid crumbling or breaking.
Another tip for baking the perfect vegan peanut butter cake is to use a non-stick cake pan or line your cake pan with parchment paper to prevent the cake from sticking to the pan. This will make it easier to remove the cake from the pan and ensure that it retains its shape.
Additionally, you can add some extra flavor to your vegan peanut butter cake by incorporating some chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the batter. This will give your cake a delicious crunch and add some extra texture to each bite.
The health benefits of a vegan peanut butter cake
One of the best things about this vegan peanut butter cake is that it is made with simple, wholesome ingredients that are good for you. Here are some health benefits of a vegan peanut butter cake:
- Peant butter is a great source of protein and healthy fats, making this cake a healthier treat option.
- Vegan butter is typically lower in saturated fat than dairy butter.
- The oat milk in this cake recipe is a great non-dairy alternative that is low in calories and high in fiber.
In addition to the health benefits mentioned above, a vegan peanut butter cake is also a great option for those with food allergies or intolerances. This cake is free from common allergens such as eggs and dairy, making it a safe and delicious choice for those with dietary restrictions.
Another benefit of this cake is that it can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. You can add in different types of nuts or seeds for added texture and nutrition, or swap out the peanut butter for another nut butter such as almond or cashew.
Decorating ideas for a vegan peanut butter cake
A perfectly baked peanut butter cake is beautiful on its own, but a few simple decorations can make it even more special. Here are some decorating ideas:
- Sprinkle some crushed peanuts on top of the cake for some added crunch.
- Drizzle melted dark chocolate over the top of the cake to add some richness.
- If you’re feeling creative, use a piping bag to create swirls of vegan frosting around the edge of the cake.
For an extra pop of flavor, consider adding a layer of sliced bananas or strawberries between the cake layers. This will not only add a fruity sweetness, but also a beautiful pop of color. Another option is to mix some peanut butter into the frosting for a more intense peanut butter flavor throughout the cake. Don’t forget to garnish with some fresh fruit or edible flowers for a beautiful finishing touch.
Peanut butter substitutes for those with allergies
If you or someone you’re baking for has a nut allergy, don’t worry – you can still make a delicious peanut butter cake! Here are some peanut butter substitutes:
- Soy nut butter is a great substitute as it has a similar taste and texture.
- Sunflower seed butter can also be used as a nut-free peanut butter substitute.
- Tahini is another great substitute that can add a nutty flavor without the nut allergens.
It’s important to note that while these substitutes are nut-free, they may still be processed in facilities that handle nuts. Always check the label and contact the manufacturer if you have any concerns about cross-contamination. Additionally, some of these substitutes may have a slightly different taste or texture than peanut butter, so it’s a good idea to do a small test batch before making a large cake or batch of cookies.
How to make a gluten-free vegan peanut butter cake
If you or someone you’re baking for is gluten intolerant, you can still enjoy a delicious peanut butter cake by making these simple adjustments:
- Substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend that is made for baking.
- For best results, add in 1/2 tsp. of xanthan gum to the cake batter to help it rise better.
Vegan frosting options for your peanut butter cake
While a simple peanut butter cake is delicious on its own, adding frosting can take it to the next level. Here are some delicious vegan frosting options:
- Whipped coconut cream frosting is a light and fluffy option that adds a subtle coconut flavor.
- Creamy almond butter frosting is perfect for those who want a nuttier flavor with their peanut butter cake.
- Dairy-free cream cheese frosting is another great option that is rich and tangy.
If you’re looking for a more unique frosting option, consider trying a matcha frosting. Matcha powder can be mixed with vegan butter and powdered sugar to create a vibrant green frosting that pairs well with the nutty flavor of peanut butter.
For those who prefer a fruitier frosting, a raspberry frosting can be made by blending fresh or frozen raspberries with vegan cream cheese and powdered sugar. This frosting adds a bright pop of color and tangy sweetness to your peanut butter cake.
Serving suggestions for your delicious vegan peanut butter cake
A delicious vegan peanut butter cake is a dessert that can be enjoyed on its own or with a few delicious accompaniments. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve slices of cake with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for the ultimate dessert.
- Garnish your cake slices with fresh berries or sliced bananas for an extra touch of sweetness.
- Enjoy your cake with a hot cup of coffee or tea for the perfect afternoon treat.
With this comprehensive guide, you’re now ready to make a delicious vegan peanut butter cake that is sure to become a family favorite. So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to bake something delicious!
If you want to take your vegan peanut butter cake to the next level, try adding a layer of vegan chocolate ganache between the cake layers. Simply melt vegan chocolate chips and coconut cream together, let it cool slightly, and then spread it between the layers of cake. This will add a rich and decadent flavor to your already delicious cake.